Summer break is quickly drawing to a close. At the beginning of this break I realized…in the nine years my hubs and I have been together, this is the first summer that I have had completely off. That means…NO summer school, NO work, NO pregnancy, and NO newborns.
I actually have been able to enjoy the summer with no limitations!!!
We have had such an amazing one. Took the kids to the coast (big big beach) for the first time. Monkey loved the waves and Buggy loved eating the sand!!!
We have made time to have picnics on our boat on the lake (little beach).
The hubs and I have had plenty of date nights just enjoying ourselves and focusing on us. Late night boat cruises, golf games and an occasional night on the town.
One of my favorite things we have done this summer is to make it a point to get together every Sunday for swimming and grilling. Friends and family bring sides and suits and just relax. It is so awesome to try everyone’s different concoctions for the week.
Some of them have been:
Peaches and Cheese
Black bean, avocado, and corn salad
Whole wheat pasta and veggie salad
Mostly served with pork tenderloin or HEB salmon burgers….YUMMY!!!
It has been an incredible summer. It will be bittersweet when it is over. I miss working…I miss the kiddos and adult interaction…HOWEVER, I will miss my children a lot. I was blessed to get to see Buggy start walking and Monkey develop into the epitome of a 3 year old boy!!!
I have a few weeks left and I plan to fill them to the brim!!!
Love and life!!
So I am not going to start off this post by apologizing for my absence….I will simply say HELLO AGAIN! Times have been quite chaotic around the household and now I have getting back on track…for today anyway. Since I last wrote:
- Work ended….I helped graduate a great group of kiddos that I will truly miss, but I am excited to see them enter their next chaper of life. I pray that God will take them all in the direction of good choices and that they are all safe!
- I accepted a new position – I will teach 5th grade self contained next year. I am sooo excited to be working with this age group and the people at the elementary just seem amazing! It was VERY bittersweet for me to leave the high school. That has been my work family for over 5 years and I will miss them dearly!
- Summer grad school has started – I am trying my very best to stay on top of all my assignments while enjoying my summer.
- The remodel of our downstairs is 95% complete! I at least have a working toilet downstairs…no more pregnant calls to the potty UPSTAIRS 2-3 times a night! Thank you to the Dennings and my BIL who helped put it back together!
- Jaxon and I are having a blast everyday together. I absolutely love watching him grow and learn at such an amazing rate. This will be a hard summer to leave. I will however NOT miss Toy Story 2. We watch it/or its at least on the TV, at least twice a day. He is a bit obsessed!
- NOW….we are awaiting the birth of our daughter, Maddox. She has already stated that she will be a handful. I have been in the hospital twice with false labor and at my last doctor’s appt we discovered that she is breech so I have a scheduled c-section next Tuesday. I am so ready to meet her!
SO what now???
We plan on taking the rest of the summer and just relaxing and enjoying every minute of it. I will not stress about school, work or anything else. I will dwell in every moment the Lord bestows upon my family. I have been blessed with amazing family members and friends that will take care of us and shower us with love.
Isn’t that what life is all about?
“There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul good in his labor. This also I saw, that is was from the hand of God.”
What an amazing week! It was filled with a whole lot of nothing…and I enjoyed every minute of it. Needless to say, Monday back at work was a bit difficult. I was used to getting up around 7am; this morning’s 5am alarm seemed louder than normal.
Jax was completely content on me leaving. He was way into Sesame Street to notice that I would be leaving him for the entire day. I am going to go ahead and blame that on being two and not grasping the entire ‘leaving for the whole day’ concept. He simply said “bye mama” and away I went to work.
To my surprise, my first day back at work hasn’t been completely terrible. I enjoyed seeing and visiting with my colleagues again. Listening to their relaxing Spring Break stories and joking around was a nice welcome back.
Is it too early to count down the days to graduation…hence, the beginning of summer vacation?????